Wow. Today I am missing food. I am not hungry for food really, but I miss the enjoyment of eating. I miss how things taste I miss getting a nice big scone from Mugby or Blooming Grounds...yum! Or pizza would taste good...or even just the veggie broth I will be eating the second day off of my cleanse...anything. But, I am surviving on my lemonade and tea...I am not starving and I don't feel like I am being deprived of nutrition, maybe just being deprived of taste. If you are reading this you probably know how much I love food, and I am sure you are shocked I have lasted to day 5. Willpower is a crazy thing for sure!Today something funny happened. I forgot my Tbs measure. All I had was my 1/4 tsp measure with me at work so I had to do 24 of those to get 2 Tbs of my lemon juice. Can you imagine seeing me do that...it was hilarious I am sure. The lemon juice was the easy part...it was the syrup that was annoying. Well, I asked Robb to bring me the Tbs measure when he had a chance and he ended up bringing me a tsp measure. Oh well, doing 6 of those is better than doing 24 of the 1/4 tsp!
WORK IS SO CRAZY RIGHT NOW. That is really all I have to say about it. I will say one teeny tiny thing though - I am totally not feeling overwhelmed and stressed out like I was a few weeks ago. I know that I am super busy and not getting a lot of my own work done (since I am covering for two people basically), but it really isn't affecting me like it was before. If this is because of the cleanse - HOLY COW! I hope it is, but I also hope it stays after I am done with the cleanse. I know I will do the cleanse again...I am serious. Would you feel so great doing something and only do it once in your life? I think not!
Happy Tuesday (Happy Biggest Loser & Glee day)!!
**Edited with below information on 11/17/10 because I like to keep track of things**
Day 5 - Tuesday, 11/16/10
7:00am
7:35am
9:00am
10:40am
12:40pm
1:40pm
2:35pm
4:00pm
4:55pm - 2 Tbs
5:40pm - SWF
6:45pm - 2 Tbs
7:00pm
8:00pm
9:00pm
9:40pm - 2 Tbs
Isn't it something? Volunteering to not eat anything for a number of days? So far from what most Americans think sbout because we have all kinds of food available to us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
ReplyDeleteFasting, until fairly recently, has been a natural and normal part of human life. And I daresay, that all of our eating has not done us right :) We have such high obesity rates in our culture. So many of our diseases are direct results of overeating and/or eating overprocessed, inflammation promoting foods.
Thanks, Tara, for doing this cleanse and thanks for doing it right. Too many people have done the cleanse incorrectly or flippantly or for the wrong reasons and failed, giving cleansing a bad name.
You are helping to put it in a positive light.
Garret
I finally just caught up with reading all your posts. Interesting idea. What is the purpose of this cleanse? Do you have any links to any medical studies that show the effects of this? As a completely ignorant bystander I am clueless as to what this actually does to the body. Does the lack of protein affect you at all? And if you live on so few calories for so long, how do you keep your metabolism from lowering so that you don't regain all the weight (and then some) once you start eating? I mean I was always told that living on less calories makes your body adjust to a lower metabolic rate and that when you start increasing calories again, you metabolic rate doesn't just rebound so you will in fact gain weight. How is this cleanse different? I know you said it's not about losing weight about purging toxins, so what are the toxins that you're purging? And how will you keep those "toxins" from regenerating once you're done with the cleanse? You know me... I'm a freak about food and what we put into our bodies, but I really don't know anything about this process and I'd love to hear more about what it is and how it works... without reading the book, which, as you know, I don't really have time for until Baby lets me put her down. :)
ReplyDelete