Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Master Cleanse - Day 3 & the book

What can I say; I feel great! It still amazes me how I can feel this good having not eaten anything since Thursday night. I really am getting enough for my body to live on, and I actually had to drop the maple syrup down from 2 Tbsp to 1 because I wasn't feeling hungry ever and I felt like I was just shoving the drink down my throat. In the book (more about that below) it says that is ok to do, so I thought I would try it. So far so good and every time I do feel the hunger I can make a lemonade! Tomorrow is my WW weigh in day (I just do it at home) so we shall see what kind of effect this had on me so far. I have weighed myself every day since I started, but I know how my body fluctuates so we will wait until tomorrow for the official number. I have to remember too that I did stick to my points the 4 days leading up to the cleanse, so some weight loss could be due to that as well.

Well, after some plans in the Cities yesterday got postponed due to 12 inches of snow, I got a day home with my honey! Luckily, Winona and the surrounding area didn't get any snow so we decided to go to La Crosse to see if we could get the ring I liked into the store to check it out (eeek)!! I was also in need of some tabs for my bible and I wanted to check out the book about The Master Cleanse.

The book is really eye opening. I think that anyone that reads this book will want to do the cleanse...it just grosses me out what we have been putting into our bodies for years that is really making us sick. I would rather spend money on doing the cleanse a few times a year than to get hospitalized for some sickness I could have ultimately warded off by just taking care of my body. The book is called The Complete Master Cleanse by Tom Woloshyn. I suggest everyone that is remotely interested in this cleanse I am doing read it and decide for themselves if they would like to do this cleanse. It isn't about weight loss though, so don't go into it like it is some diet. This is about lifestyle change and fueling your body better so you have more energy and get sick less. I have no illusions that I will stop eating bad foods completely right away, but at least this has opened up my mind to it and made me realize it would only be helping my body, not hindering it.

P.S. Even though I know it is bad for me...Robb's Coney Island food smelled so good in the car on the way home from church today (the entire 30 minute drive). I will say though, when I looked at it, it just grossed me out. Maybe that's a good sign!

**Edited with below information @ 9:40pm because I like to keep track of things**

I had 13 lemonade drinks today, but I also stuck with 1 Tbs per lemonade. I feel great and almost better than yesterday. I had half the calories and still feel satisfied.

Day 3 - Sunday, 11/14/10
6:25am
6:50am
9:45am
11:50am
12:45pm
1:30pm
2:45pm
3:30pm
4:30pm
5:00pm - SWF
6:10pm
7:35pm
8:15pm
9:25pm

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I thought the coney dogs were pretty good!!! Anyway, lol. Good job hun, I am proud of you and have noticed you seem more energenic and happier... course, that could have been because of the ring shopping huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of...have they called you yet? I hope it is in this weekend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete