Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Sinking into a sea of negativity.

Have you ever felt so negative? Like you cannot think of anything else but all the "bad" things in your life? I was there last night. I was sinking into a sea of negativity.

Sometimes I can feel it coming on, other times I cannot. I know that there is nothing bad in my life. I have over come a lot in the past year. I have a lot of friends and family that love me. I have the most caring, thoughtful, loving boyfriend in the world. There are people out there that don't have it as good as I do...what right do I have to complain?

But...every once in awhile the negativity comes creeping in.

This happens at work too. There are people that are so negative; it brings the rest of us down too. I catch myself saying things certain co-workers would say. It's like it is the easy way out...or even a way to "bond" with your co-workers. It is quite sad.

As long as I know that this is an issue, I can fix it...or at least control it. I don't want to be a "Negative Nelly" or a "Debbie Downer." I need my friends and family to tell me when I am acting that way if I do not see it myself. After all, no one is perfect, and everyone could use a hand from a friend. So, if you are reading this you are probably someone that cares about me. I hope that you will let me know when I start sinking into that sea of negativity once again.

3 comments:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself. We're all human and we're all entitled to feel upset about things. Having negative emotions isn't a bad thing. And it's when you try to avoid them and deny them that they fester and become a way of life rather than just a momentary inconvenience. I don't know you well, but you don't strike me as someone who wallows in negativity. Don't be so hard on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Barb! You are right, I am not the kind of person that wallows in negativity...and I want to keep it that way! I am not going to avoid the negative emotions, just learn how to turn them around into something positive!

    I think I have been avoiding them in a way. I tend to just let my negativity control me and then pretend like nothing happened the next day. I don't realize the consequences on others when I do that. I am a work in progress! :)

    ReplyDelete