Saturday, November 05, 2011

Life's Blessings

All of the things I can do, I can only do because of Christ.  He is the way, the truth, and the life (paraphrasing John 14:6).

I may not have always lived the way a Christian should, but I have made it a point to change my life and live that way now.  No one has really questioned me or confronted me about what I believe.  Maybe that's because I don't try to force people to think the way that I do.  People will think and believe what they want.  I just want others to see how I am living my life and see how much happier I am now, how much confidence I now have in my life and how much love I have for people all around me, people that I don't know or haven't even met yet.  I want people to learn about me through how I live.  The people that have always known me and know I have Christ first and foremost in my life now will be able to see what a difference He has made.  It is my hope that people will see how I have changed for the better and ask me about it – ask me how I did it.  Because then I can share my story with them and tell them that they can do it too.

I recently got something that would remind me every day that I am living my life to praise Christ and trust in Him always.  Something that would hopefully spark conversation with everyone I meet.  This life is only mine until Christ decides it is my time to go.  I am just a caretaker in His house, watching His things until that time comes.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV84).




No comments:

Post a Comment