I have a degree from Winona State University and it is most definitely not in Insurance.
I like my job, my co-workers, my friends and my life here in Winona – but sometimes I wonder what would have happened had I applied myself a little more and actually branched out and really tried to get a job in my field. It meant (and apparently still does to this day) moving away from Winona since there weren’t many (any) job options in my field in this area. My life back in December 2004 was very different than the life I lead now; and at the time moving away from Winona was not an option for my family of two grown adults.
I heard myself say “I got stuck in Winona” last night visiting with a new friend and I don’t want to think like that. The path I took was a bit rocky but each and every step has made me who I am today. The past is the past and you cannot keep thinking about what might have been. I know that I am not in control of where my life goes or is headed – Christ ultimately is and He already knows what is to be. Every day I remind myself that I have put my faith and trust in Him and I will just have to wait and see where He takes me. I have decisions that I make in life, but ultimately He decides what is to be.
Where I am now is where I should be; and I am very thankful this is where I am. To think where I could be if some events had not taken place scares me. In April of this year I fully and truly put my faith into Christ for the first time in my life, and although there has been sadness and tears (many more than I care to mention), I know this is where He always knew I would be. Right here…right now.
“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV84.
Keep your eyes out for this verse; you will be seeing it in a new way very soon.
"I am not in control of where my life goes or is headed..." I'm sorry but although there are some things you CAN'T control, you do have control of your own decisions, and your decisions do ultimately control where your life goes. I was actually just thinking about you this morning after reading your note, thinking about how big and amazing this world is and how you have so much ahead of you at your age and how if I were your big sister I'd say "Go!!!! See the world! Explore!" You are so young and you have so much energy, and there are so many people and places out there to see and engage with. If you're feeling stuck, you can unstick yourself. That is in your control. But sometimes unsticking yourself requires a lot of courage because it requires stepping outside of your comfort zone... something I know you're able to do. You amaze me over and over again. Don't sell yourself short by believing that you're not in control of at least some of what happens in your life. :) (Okay, end of soapbox.) I love you.
ReplyDeleteI know...and that is why I put that decisions part in my blog! :)
ReplyDeleteI felt stuck in 2004...I don't right now. If I do start feeling that way I will find the courage to go and leap after whatever it is I am yearning for!
I love you too and could never hate you for any comment you make. Your feedback means a lot to me, and I do consider you just like an older sister! Next time my sister (or sisters) come down I will have to have you guys meet!
It sounds as though you've found a lot in Winona. And who knows what you'll find when you leave!
ReplyDelete