It seems like forever since I have written. It has been almost 3 months to be exact! It has definitely flown by. It is almost Spring...and I am inspired this evening to finally write another blog post!
I have made a few new friends since my last post. I bring this up because I honestly don't remember another time in my life when I tried to meet new people and gain new friends. When do we start thinking that we have all the friends we need? Maybe it is just because of how junior high and high school are; you make friends and stay friends with that group of people...period. Maybe it is just how I was; I was shy and reserved for so long. Or maybe it is how easy it is to get to know other people through social medias like Facebook. Whatever it is, when I finally came out of my shell it seems like I was stretching everywhere for new friends. Going out for co-ed softball all by myself without knowing ANYONE on the team; this one act alone changed my life forever (thanks to Abby for being so nice that I decided to go out for the team in the first place)! Meeting people at friend's children's birthday parties. Getting to know co-workers as something other than just an ally in the business world. Volunteering to help organize a 5k run. Or, randomly meeting other runners at various events and gatherings. Once you start talking about a run you are training for, you are sure to get the attention of another runner in the room.
Running has gained me a lot of friends...seriously. It's odd...yet...not. My friend Ruth (whom I also met through running) and I were talking during our 12 mile run yesterday. Runners are some of the friendliest people out there. Seriously! They know what kind of pain and dedication it takes to train for something like a half marathon, a full marathon, or a 200 mile relay race. They understand why you get up at 4am to get a run in...or why you run 14 plus miles in one afternoon. They run by you on the path and say hi or slow down to chat with you to see what it takes to train for a marathon. They just get it.
I am a runner!
:)
You are!!!! I wish I could say the same. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad we met and have gotten to be friends.
YOU ARE A RUNNER! Read the blog that my friend shared with me below!!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=4073254
and p.s. I am also glad we met and have gotten to be friends! :)
ReplyDeleteThat's a great post! Yay for friends!
ReplyDelete