Wednesday, July 21, 2010

No flaking out...

I am putting this on here (and probably on FB too) so that I make sure I do what I say I am going to do. I am going to run all three of my Ragnar Relay legs in one day! I took the number of miles in between my runs and used 10 min/mile to figure out an estimated time between my runs. I took off the day to hang out with a few friends and to meet the new baby one of them had, so I decided it would be the perfect day to do this. So, here is what my Wednesday, July 28th will look like:

  • Go to bed the night before at 8:00pm.
  • Wake up at 12:00am.
  • 1st Run (6.9 Miles): 12:30am-2:00am.
    • Hoping my new reflective vest and head lamp are in before Wednesday.
  • REST (Go to visit Baby Bea sometime in the morning).
    • 2nd run is 10 hours after the 1st run.
  • 2nd Run (3.6 Miles): 12:00pm - 12:45pm
  • REST (Lunch with Teri).
    • 3rd run is 8.5 hours after the 2nd run.
  • 3rd Run (4.5 Miles): 9:30pm - 10:30pm
  • SLEEP!!!

So, there it is. I am not crazy, I am just in training for the 2010 Ragnar Relay! I cannot believe I am going to spend that much time in a van during the real thing...should be interesting!

4 comments:

  1. Cool! I love the idea of doing the first run at midnight with safety gear. I might just borrow from this plan when I do my legs on July 31st or Aug 1st. My calendar looks kinda booked on July 31st and I'd rather rest on Sunday but that might be the way it has to go...but then again, were talking a midnight run so it might must work out! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good plan! The midnight run sounds kinda fun. I am excited to hear how the relay goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun & sounds like a well thought out plan :) excited to hear how it goes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete