I am going out of town this weekend. For this reason I had to be a bit creative in my runs this week. Now, usually I wouldn't mind running outside when it is 35+ out, but with all that ice I didn't want to chance it, and also, who really knows what it is going to be like on Saturday morning until Saturday morning? Anyone living in this area knows what that is like. So, instead of being able to run on Saturday morning outside in my hometown, I had to re-think things.
I normally run my weekday runs on M, W, TH with my long run on Saturday. This week I ran M, T, W with my long run on TH - today. I have ran 4 days in a row (I don't think I have ever done that before). Yes, I ran 10 miles today. I don't think I have ever ran a long run and then had to work all day. Last weekend when I ran 9 miles I took a few naps totalling probably 2.5 or 3 hours.
I have been able to do a lot of things in the past year that I didn't think I would ever be able to do. It just takes you putting your mind to it I have found - but I never believed in myself as much as I do now. It is a great thing.
I am in a book club. I love books, I have read many, many books over my entire life so far - but usually I stick to the same "types" of books. This book club has forced me to read "outside of the box" so to speak. And it is great! I am reading "The Shack" by Wm Paul Young right now. I started it this AM and I am on page 84. So far, so good. I would never have picked up this book and read it - so, thank you book club! Also, who would have known I could read and run at the same time...I had never tried it! It is great and takes my mind off the run completely!
I got a bit sidetracked (I do this a lot). I know I can rearrange this blog if I so chose, but I want to keep it random, just like it's author!
This AM was amazing! It was nothing compared to all three earlier runs this week. In fact, yesterday was so difficult I was worried how today would be. I felt great, I still feel great right now and it has been more than 3 hours since my run ended. Even though I had to get up so early to get to the Y right as it opened...it was worth it! Going to bed before 8pm helped I am sure...I know I don't get enough sleep most nights. After 5 miles (1 hour) and the TM stopped, I still felt great...almost like I had just started running! I got some more water, and started it back up for another hour! And now, I don't run until Monday...what an awesome, fun, relaxing weekend I am going to have with my mom and some good friends from High School! Although...I will miss my loves, but they will be here when I return.
No comments:
Post a Comment