Just feeling the love today so thought I would post this.
1 Corinthians 13: 1-8a (NIV84)
"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."
This doesn't just mean romantic love, it means all love. The greatest love of all was Christ's love for us. He died on the cross for all of us, even those that do not believe this to be true. He died for me...and he died for YOU.
Being in love with a man that holds Christ's love as the most important thing is the most amazing feeling. Because of his love for Christ, I know he will love, respect and honor me all the days of our lives together.
Have a blessed day!
You would probably be happy to know that Sammy announced to me in the car last night that Jesus just died. He was telling me all about how Jesus died and there were these people that didn't like him and they put him on "that thing, that thing that they staked him to." And just before bed last night he brought it up again, told me it was sad that he died. But God would bring him back. "God is in all of us. In you and me and TT and Jamie and everyone everywhere." These are the things he's learning from pre-school.
ReplyDeleteBarb, I cannot tell how you feel about this...but it made me tear up. I think it is wonderful...thank you for sharing!!
ReplyDelete