Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I am bad at this blogging thing

Well, I have learned a lesson; when I get an urge to do a blog...do one...don't just blog that you WANT to do one.  I tend to feel these things and then life gets in the way and the urge goes away.  Luckily, my friend Barb kept bugging me so here I am typing.  I actually do have time today since I was battling the flu so I stayed home these past two days.
Maiya knows
when I am sick
Yesterday was the debilitating, cannot move, cannot eat, cannot drink, all I can do is sleep and cuddle with my kitten all day type of flu (as witnessed to the left).  Today was a lot less harsh, but never the less, I am glad I stayed home.  I rested, I actually ate, I got my WIB notes done and judging by my work email, there were no emergencies so I am glad I took this time to fully  heal.  I usually rush back into life and end up sick within a few days, so let's hope after a good night's rest tonight I will be ready to face the office tomorrow!
Saucony Omni 10, stability shoe

So, RUNNING.  Yup, none of that happening.  Turns out I have biologically bad knees.  I was bound to have issues...whether I was an athlete or not...just walking and going up and down stairs would cause some issues eventually.  The doctor didn't say I could NEVER run again, but I will not be running Grandma's Marathon this June, you know, the one I already PAID for.  Oh well.  I am hoping to keep up with the exercises the PT gave me and slowly start running again...and hopefully I will run one final marathon before I turn 31 (that gives me 6 months from April 11th).  I am sure I will do half marathons and of course even smaller races, but as for full marathons, the training is just too much on my knees.  I am bad at this slow thing though because when I got my AWESOME new stability shoes I went for a 1.5 jog on the TM @ 5.2 and I think that was too far.  I am thinking maybe I should run/walk for awhile?  I don't know...1.5 used to be nothing for me...I feel like I am starting at zero.  I will ask the PT the next time I see her I guess.  It was supposed to be yesterday but I could hardly move due to the flu so I had to cancel the appt...so now I have to wait until next Wednesday.

Also, I would like advice on how to actually blog regularly.  Do I need to read Blogging for Dummies?  I cannot even read my Book Club books lately.  Maybe if I had kids this would be easier?  Not the actual blogging, but the material for it I mean.  Or if I wanted to keep people informed on a certain subject.  Those are the types of blogs I read - of course there is motivation and dedication that you must have to blog..I think I have that...but as noted before it comes and goes in spurts.  Who would even want to read my blog?  Why would I want someone to read it?  Why is life so different now then when I was a kid...what did people do without the Internet?  Sometimes I wish I could live Internet free...but then I realize that is just silly.  I get to see my Godsons and my friend's children grow up without being right next door every day of their lives.  Of course, it doesn't take away the want/need to physically be by people too...that is one thing I dislike about the Internet, it's like an excuse to be less personal while coming off as more personal (Facebook in particular).

Ok, that's enough of my random ramblings for one day.  I hope someone has suggestions out there because I really would like to keep writing...even if it is to just help me remember my life as my memory is so bad at only 30 years of age.  Oh, don't get me wrong, I remember the most random things from like 3 years ago, but ask me what I did last week and I would have no idea.

P.S. Yes, we are again happy and in love; completely crazy to imagine considering where we were almost exactly one year go.  God is good; it has only been possible because of Him.  More on that later because if I keep writing I won't have anymore material for my future blogs!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!!! So glad you're back. Bummer about the running, but maybe this is God's way of making you slow down and try something else. :) And no you don't need Bloggin for Dummies. Need ideas about what to write about? How about answering this question: What did I see today? What did I notice today? You'd be amazed at how simply describing what you saw and witnessed and noticed can provide a glimpse into your life and into your emotional state of mind. For instance, you may notice a big red barn with a huge open door, seeming to invite you in. OR... you may notice a aging old brick red barn, its paint peeling and falling away, its dark doors ajar and seeming unable to hold it some dark secrets. :) Same thing viewed by two different people in different states of mind. Don't worry about blogging for perfection. Just write about what you notice. I, for one, will keep showing up. (And P.S. Congrats on the return of the love you believed in!)

    ReplyDelete