Monday, August 16, 2010

1st Taper Week Run

Well, the week of the relay is upon us! Today I was very happy it was still cool from yesterday's beautiful day (bye bye humidity...for now). I hope it stays this way for the relay this weekend!

I was still a bit sore from the weekend's activities (ran 9 miles on Saturday and then played 4.5 games of softball...yikes)! Being in the hot sun all day really got to me. If I hadn't ran, maybe it would have been a little better but, I believe the softball did me in because last weekend I ran 10 miles and I felt fine!

I was excited to run this morning with nothing but my running shoes and watch. Since I was only running 2 miles I knew I wouldn't need my Fuel Belt or phone so I laced up my shoes and off I went! I decided to go up the steep hill that is near my house...what I didn't remember from a few walks with Robbie that way, was that there is another hill on the other side that I would have to conquer coming back after the 1 mile turn around. It went well though; I had a 93 ft elevation gain and I ran the 2 miles in 21:14. My fastest moving speed was 6:36 mins/mile and my average was 10:35 mins/mile; pretty cool!

Tomorrow will be another 2 miles but I think I will go the flat way to see how fast I can really go. Then, Wednesday I will probably do some cross training type exercise; elliptical at the YMCA, or a video! Thursday I will do nothing...and Friday is the big day! I won't run until that afternoon...but it is still exciting to get out there and take our pic before the race begins! Tonight we have a team meeting and I am hoping to meet the rest of the gals on my team for the first time (minus the out of towners that is)!

2 comments:

  1. Hurray! Good job! I'm so excited the race is THIS WEEK! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very excited for you. Good luck on Friday, and if you meet Liz from the co-op at your meeting ronight, tell her I said hi. :)

    ReplyDelete